Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11

Today it started raining outside and all my kids said they wanted to sing the "Arky Arky" song so that it would stop!

So we all went by the window and sang the song...however, I couldn't remember all the words so they kept on making weird looks and at the end I apologized and said I would learn it.

Later it started raining and Lexi said "Miss Oudman! The clouds are crying on us because they want to be on the ground with us." hahaha

For Bible I dressed up in a brown sheet and a head scarf and pretended I was Miriam! I told my kids that I would be right back and I had to check to see if my speaker was in the office...so I left and came back as her. Then I came back after Miriam left and I said "Did I miss the speaker!? Oh man. I really wanted to hear her too!" And all the kids go "Miss Oudman!! It was YOU!!" I tried to deny it but there was no use. :)

After first recess all the kids came in and asked why the flag was half way down the pole. So I had to explain September 11 to them...It was weird. Most of the kids weren't even born then (Which makes me feel old) and I tried to talk about it briefly. Then one boy raised his hand and goes "Why did that do it? It doesn't make sense." So then I had to go into some people want to do bad things but even though they did that what does the Bible say? We need to love our enemies! One of my student's dads is in the National Guard and was overseas for a while a year or so ago. So I tried to be sensitive to all! Only one boy heard about September 11 before...so I wasn't sure what I could all say....

Oh by the way! You can check out the Inwood Christian School website: inwoodchristian.com
I have my own website for my parents on there and I think that my principal was going to post pictures of me playing Miriam!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home